The colors of the rainbow so pretty in the sky

It's easy to forget, for me at least, the meaning of Memorial Day.  Living my fast paced rock-n-roll pirate in suburbia lifestyle.  Memorial Day was Decoration Day in the Oklahoma of my youth.  The day we drove across town to decorate loved one's graves.  I'd be hard pressed to even find a graveyard in the Messoplex.  So Memorial Day becomes about pool parties, cooking out, and kicking off Summer.

I tell you that for this BLOG reader.

This is my pause for remembrance.  To all those who are gone from my sight, but live in my heart.   Like my friend Bill who would have celebrated his 72nd birthday on Saturday.  The 2nd anniversary of his death was yesterday.

I honor him today by reposting his earnest words on living life.  It's good stuff.  Well worth a few minutes of your time if you are so inclined.  CLICK HERE HARD.

Until I BLOG again...Are also on the faces of people passing by.

Comments

Popular Posts