All Because Of You

"Have you BLOGGED recently?" My Lovely Bride asked.

"Actually, I did." I said.

"Why did you stop BLOGGING?" The Elder Boy asked.

"I didn't stop BLOGGING if I BLOGGED recently." I said with a sly grin. "I stopped the Team Tinsley BLOG because I didn't want to embarrass you guys since you're getting older."

"Oh."

"Would it bother you if i still did it?" I asked.

"No. Not really." The Elder Boy said.

"Even if it was..." I started.

"...stuff like Wy and Dora!" The Elder Boy finished.

"DAD!" The Younger Boy squealed. "I don't want people to see that. From school!"

"No one is going to see it." I said even though I knew some of My Lovely Bride's students had recently goggled her and ended up on one of the BLOGS or the TeamTinsley Flickr page.

"DAD!" Wy implored.

"I'll turn it off," I said to Wy. "See E, this exactly why I don't do the Team Tinsley BLOG anymore."

But I do miss it. There has been a lot of great shit that has happened to the Team since I shut it down late last year. Stuff I know I'll forget eventually. Because it's not down for posterity. And I see how the BLOG is already living up to it's billing as old stories often come up in conversation and they are remembered fresh because they were documented on the BLOG.

Which is awesome.

Like the other day. We were discussing my Lovely Bride's upcoming 40th birthday bash. The Boy(s) weren't invited to this big bash because My Lovely Bride wanted an adult party. That makes it sound like we're swingers. But it simply means NO kids. Including the Boy(s). Which they were somewhat miffed about since we were spending a lot of time and energy discussing certain aspects of the party.

After one lengthy discussion regarding cake, one of the Boy(s) asked me, "What did you do on your fortieth birthday."

My fortieth was more punch line than party I thought to myself, but said, "I drove from San Antonio to New Braunfels in the freaking rain."

"Really?" The Elder Boy asked.

"Really," I said. "And when I officially turned '40' I was picking up all of our clothes out of a wet parking lot because of Wyatt."

"REALLY?!?" The Elder Boy asked.

I looked over at Wy who had a shit eating grin on his face, and said, "Yeah, Wy wanted this Ninja Turtle T-Shirt at Sea World and, well, I ended up in the parking lot with our clothes everywhere. It's a long story. I BLOGGED about it. It's funny. Now. It wasn't so funny. Then. Though."

"You little bastard." I added as I pointed at Wy who laughed.

"That's the day we went to the Sea Lion show and Wy, who was really little then, was so excited." I said.

"And when the Sea Lion's came out on stage, Wy was pissed, because he had thought we were seeing a lion show. Like lion, lions. Africa. Not sea."

We all laughed at the memory.

"That's in the BLOG too." I said. "Part of that story. You guys can read it for yourself one day. I'm going to give you each a copy one day."

"Really?" They Elder Boy asked me.

Really, I thought.

My remember when, for then, has come to fruition less than a year after suspending writing new content. Sweet Mother of all that is good, I can only imagine what these stories will be like down the road. Further into the future. If it is already such a huge trip to re-live now, not that far into the Buck Rogers future.

Until I BLOG again...I just arrived, I'm at the door, Of the place I started out from, And I want back inside.

Comments

Popular Posts