Are you ready for the sex

I don't often talk about work. But today I need to talk about it to tell this very funny, albeit bad, aboynamestu story.

I was working postcard returns the other day. You see, I handle marketing and one of my many hats is database management. Mailing shit is expensive. And the USPS suck. Bad. Which is why I was working my way through a batch of returned postcards, in an attempt to figure out how the info in our POS (point of sale) system go dinked up when imprinted on the card which resulted in it being return to sender to me which is akin to pissing away .30 odd cents on each returned postcard. Not a big deal when you are sending a few. But when you are sending out 100K or so, not good.

So while this work is important, it is also tedious. Which is why I was amused when I found stuck in a stack of my cards a regular postcard that had been delivered to my work by mistake.

This postcard was sent to a "Bill and Carol" from a "Tim and Leslie." It was your quintessential we're on vacation and having a swell time type of postcard. The front had a picture of a quaint IL town which I assume, is where Tim and Leslie were vacationing.

The back of the postcard went like this:
"Dear Bill & Carol, We're having a great time on vacation. Monday: Went shopping with family. Tuesday: Saw the sights around town. Wednesday: Went to river, it was hot, in the 90s!!! but nice where we were at. Thursday: Went to hotel pool. More to Come. Love Tim & Leslie."

So, most people would probably do as I did, read the card, and then being civic minded, return the postcard back to the mail stream where it will hopefully find Bill and Carol.

I'm not most people.

Which is why I noted on the Thursday line there was some space, for me to add something after 'Went to hotel pool,' since 'More to come' and their signatures were on the line below.

So, in penmanship that was painstakingly similar to either Tim or Leslie's, I wrote something so the postcard read:

"Dear Bill & Carol, We're having a great time on vacation. Monday: Went shopping with family. Tuesday: Saw the sights around town. Wednesday: Went to river, it was hot, in the 90s!!! but nice where we were. Thursday: Went to hotel pool. Then back to room for HOT sex. More to Come. Love Tim & Leslie."

When I was finished, I returned the postcard to the mail stream.

Godspeed postcard.

Until I BLOG again...They can talk about locals and the nowhere to go's.

Comments

  1. Tampering with the mail is a felony Stu.....hope all is well.

    Jeff R.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But I am always inside the box - well, usually!

    JSR

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts