Just Another Day

The top three bogeymen of my youth were Bigfoot, Tornados and Jesus. And not necessarily in the order. But then again I was also afraid of the Soviet Union and thought that we were fighting actual Gorillas in Vietnam.

I was a fucked up kid. No if, ands or buts.

I've had the assumption for a long time that my fears were, well, my fears. My own brand of crazy. But that's not true, because the other day I had to block The Weather Channel on cable. Someone in our casa suffers from the same brand of crazy as me. And considering that I haven't really discussed my childhood fears, it has to be hardwired. Genetic. Or at least the fear of weather is. I don't think Bigfoot and Jesus are in the mix. And the Soviet Union no longer exists.

Which is good. Since nobody wants to share their bogeymen.

Until I BLOG again...With voices in their ears, that will not go away.

Comments

Popular Posts