A Boy Named Stu

Ethan: Dad, what's a bog?

Me: Excuse me?

Ethan: Mom asked you if you did the final bog this morning.

Me: Oh. Blog. Since you were about two and Wy only two weeks old, I've done this Team Tinsley blog. A blog is like an online diary. I've been writing stories about us. But I decided to quit 'cause you guys are getting older and I don't want to embarrass you. Anyone can see a blog. It's on the internet.

Ethan: Oh.

Me: And If I told a story about say, you crying about something, or Wy crapping his pants...

Wy: HEY!!!

Me: That was an example Wy, and a joke, my point is, you guys wouldn't like that. Would you?

Ethan and Wy: No!

Me: Exactly. Which is why I decided to end the blog after six years. And Mom was asking me this morning if I did the final post. There are 272nd stories on the blog that I will give you one day, when you are older.

Ethan: Really?

Me: Really. They'll be stories you might not remember. Or only remember bits and pieces. Told from my point of view. I think back to when I was your age, and I can remember some stuff. But not all. And the thing that I am most curious about is what my Mom and Dad, your Granny and Pops, thought about certain things that happened. I don't really know. Just what I remember.

Ethan: Cool.

Me: I hope so. It was hard to end it.

Ethan: Why?

Me: 'Cause it means you guys are growing up which makes me both happy and sad.

Ethan: Oh.

Me: I also like to write.

Ethan: It's not writing on the computer, it's typing.

Me: True. But it's still writing. You're just composing on the keyboard vs. with a pen and paper.

Ethan: Dad.

Me: Yes.

Ethan: You can still write.

Me: I know. In fact, I'm going to start another blog called 'A Boy Named Stu.'

Ethan: Like the Elvis song.

Me: Johnny Cash song. But yes. A goofy name for my goofy blog. I won't tell stories about you guys though, not directly, so I won't embarrass you.

Wy: I didn't crap my pants.

Me: It was an example...

Wy: I farted [loud fart.]

Me & Ethan: WYATT!?!?

Wy: [Laughs]

And there you have it. The first entry on this here BLOG. And the last to do specifically talk about the Boy(s.) Will it be a Laverne & Shirley worthy spin-off (if you dig that reference.) Or will it be more like Joanie Loves Chachi (Which for those that know the Team Tinsley BLOG is my goofy ass circle jerk way of tying the first A Boy Named Stu post to the first Team Tinsley post.)

Comments

Popular Posts