End Of The Line

The first thing you need to know is this: I teach 5th grade Sunday School.  And.  The subject of lent came up in our discussion.  The second thing you need to know is this: I do not usually give something up for lent.  The discussion however made me think, why?  And. Do I have to actually give something up, can I do something for the period that adds to my life.  Something I haven't been doing.

Which is why I'm here (and possible you, BLOG reader.)

For the next six weeks, I'm going to write (note, that I don't say post, I'm not sure I'll be able to do that each day) a BLOG entry based on the first song I hear that day.

My only rule (because God knows I love rules) is that I can't repeat a song.  Which makes today's song awesomely apropos.  It is was my alarm (wake up song) on Ash Wednesday.

The posts won't be about the songs.  It's more about what the songs make me think about, or feel, possible a story centered around the song.

It's an exercise to get writing on this here BLOG more.  I haven't posted since May 2012.  Which is ok.  I'm a busy guy.  Doing many things.  I do enjoy writing though.  And I can often work certain things out if I write down what I'm thinking.

So again.  This is why I'm here (and possible you, BLOG reader.)

Until I BLOG again...Well it's all right, remember to live and let live.



Comments

Popular Posts